[GRASS-user] Repeated r.watershed runs

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 04:48:21 PDT 2017

Dear List,

I solved the issue (defining a fuzzy watershed boundary based on cells that
contribute partial flow to the catchment outlet) by using TauDEM. That
software provides an Upslope Dependency product that is the fractional
contribution of each upslope cell:
http://hydrology.usu.edu/taudem/taudem5/help53/DInfinityUpslopeDependence.html

Note also that in my original post I was concerned about excluding cells
that contribute <50% to a catchment (the real concern is that those cells
had large upstream catchments themselves). The opposite case may also be a
concern: Large quantities of cells that contribute only 51% to a catchment,
but using a binary catchment boundary are considered to be fully in the
catchment.

   -k.