[GRASS-user] Creating new mapsets in current location

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 24 11:22:47 PDT 2017

   The g.mapset man page confirms the way I've been using it: change to
another mapset in the current location. However, I need to re-project maps
existing in a different location.

   I've tried using it to create a new mapset in the current location (by
checking the box 'create mapset if it doesn't exist') but the name of a
mapset in the current location is required. The mapset does not yet exist
and I'm confused why there is an option to create it if it must already
exist.

   After re-projecting each mapset from the -feet to the -meters locations I
exit grass, then reload it after defining a new mapset name.

   Is there a better way to do this?

Rich