[GRASS-user] OpenFileGDB input error

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Sep 25 09:07:07 PDT 2017

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017, Markus Metz wrote:

> A multi-surface has sneaked into the layer with multi-polygons, that's
> causing the error in v.in.ogr.

   Huh! In my naivity I would assume a surface is 3D and a polygon is 2D.
What I read suggests there are two layers; perhaps the surfaces are crop
type and the polygons are farm boundaries?

> We could change that error into a warning, skipping OGR geometries of
> unsupported type.

   As long as the crop categories and specifics are in the sqlite database
associated with each polygon the necessary information is available.

Thanks,

Rich