[GRASS-user] r.sun.daily ouputs

Anna Petrášová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Sep 29 05:20:11 PDT 2017

Hi,

On Sep 29, 2017 3:16 AM, <balotti.and at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Anna,
Here the test on NC dataset, I reduced a little bit the resolution to
speedup computation:

   1. g.region raster=elevation res=30 -p
   2. r.resamp.interp input=elevation at PERMANENT output=dem30
   3. r.slope.aspect elevation=dem30 at PERMANENT slope=slo aspect=asp
   4. r.sun.daily -t elevation=dem30 at PERMANENT aspect=asp at PERMANENT
   slope=slo at PERMANENT start_day=91 end_day=304 glob_rad=sol_glob
   glob_rad_basename=sol nprocs=4
   5. t.rast.series input=sol at PERMANENT method=sum output=sol_sum

And the output querying on a random pixel is:

est, nord: 636522.196262, 219573.598131
sol_glob at PERMANENT: value: 28270.75
sol_sum at PERMANENT: value: 1632588.35400391

The only thing that could create problem maybe is that during the execution
of r.sun.daily I received many warnings like this (translated: can't rename
file NULL/CELL)

WARNING: Non riesco a rinominare il file null 'C:\...\GRASS_data\nc_basic_
spm_grass7\PERMANENT\.tmp/unknown\4860.1' in 'C:\...\GRASS_data\nc_basic_
spm_grass7\PERMANENT\cell_misc\sol_glob\null': File exists
WARNING: Non riesco a rinominare il file cella 'C:\...\GRASS_data\nc_basic_
spm_grass7\PERMANENT\.tmp/unknown\4860.0' in 'C:\...\GRASS_data\nc_basic_
spm_grass7\PERMANENT\fcell\sol_glob': File exists

Since sum by r.sun.daily is less than sum by t.rast.series, maybe the
summed file is not properly summed and represent just the sum of the last
days of the period?
P.S. I am on Windows with GRASS 7.2.1

That is helpful, thanks, I think I know what might be wrong looking at the
code. It apparently works on Linux, but not on Windows. I don't have time
today, but will fix it as soon as possible. Thank you!

Anna

---
Andrea Balotti