[GRASS-user] GUI problem

Frank David frank.david at geophom.fr
Thu Apr 5 06:29:00 PDT 2018

Le 31/03/2018 à 21:28, Moritz Lennert a écrit :
> On 31/03/18 17:43, Frank David wrote:
>> Hi Mortiz,
>>
>> Le 30/03/2018 à 15:07, Moritz Lennert a écrit :
>>> Hi Frank,

>>> This means that there is some issue with non-ASCII characters (in
>>> French it's often accents), either in a path or in an error message.
>>> This is a bug and it would be great if you could report it on the
>>> bug tacker [1].
>>>
>>> But in the meantime, in case the error comes from special characters
>>> in a French error message, you could switch the GUI to English and
>>> then relaunch it to see what the error message is. If the error is
>>> linked to special characters in a path, try to move everything into
>>> a pure ASCII path .
>>>
>>> Moritz
>>>

>>> [1] https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/
>>>
>> Thanks for your reply.
>>
>> I don't understand from where the accent could come,  because I do
>> not remember to have change anything on my project. I did not change
>> path name neither. Can you advice me where to find the problem ?
>
> As I said, it can come from a translated message (the 'error' in the
> function call that causes the error), i.e. an error message that is
> normally in English, but someone translated it to French and it thus
> contains special characters. By changing the language of GRASS to
> English (in the GUI preferences) you should be able to do whatever you
> are trying to do and see the English error message.
>
> Again, as I said, this is a bug and should be reported.
>
> Moritz
Thanks for your reply and sorry to have not well understand first...
After changing language without success, I noticed that bash_history on
the root of Grass project database folders was set in read only (may be
because of a our server backup file conflict). Change it to write has
solved the problem. I don't think it was a Grass bug...

Frank