[GRASS-user] Downloading 7.2.2 and 7.4.0 with Stand-alone installer

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Sun Apr 8 04:03:55 PDT 2018

>I send you a screen snapshot of the error message
><http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t383000/WinGrassError.png>

it seems to be the sqlite3 issue.

>As mentionned on the wiki page, lots of my applications have their own
>sqlite3.dll.

if these sqlite3.dlls live in the program folders of these programs, e.g.

C:\Program Files\software1\bin\sqlite3.dll
C:\Program Files\software2\bin\sqlite3.dll
C:\Program Files\software3\bin\sqlite3.dll

than it's not a problem.

citing:

https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WinGRASS_errors#GRASS_GIS_installation_.28OSGeo4W_or_standalone.29_fails_with_a_sqlite3_error

--------------------------
Windows operating systems don't install natively a SQLite dll in any
directory available in %PATH%.

First steps are:

    typing in a windows console: where "$path:sqlite3*"
    search in C:\Windows in the explorer for sqlite3*

If one of results of the steps above are positive, another software
installed the dll in a directory available in %PATH%.
--------------------------

if this is the case, then it's clearly not a winGRASS issue; other software
pollutes %PATH%.

a possible solution:

if the broken software is found, move xxxsqlite3.dll to the installation
directory of that software (e.g. e.g. c:\Programs\YourSoftwareBreakingGrass)
and rename it back to sqlite3.dll

-----
best regards
Helmut