[GRASS-user] script html manual file directory

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Thu Apr 26 05:36:31 PDT 2018

On 26/04/18 12:05, Frank David wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to setup the manual page of my python scripts in the gui. I
> alreaday create them from --html-description and put them in my script
> directory. But it does not work. I tried in ../docs/html/ but without
> sccess. If I copy them in /usr/local/grass-7.4.0/docs/html it works !
>
> Is there any way (html path variable ?) to use html from a personnal
> directory ?

You can install your scripts as extension modules. Then the man pages
will be installed in .grass7/addons/docs.

The easiest would be to create a directory for each module with the
code, a ModuleName.html file with the sections DESCRIPTION, NOTES,
AUTHOR, etc (but not the output of --html-description, this will be
added automatically !), and a Makefile. You can then call g.extension
with the url= parameter pointing to that directory and everything will
be installed automatically. Look at any of the Python modules in
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7 to see how to
write the Makefile and what the content of the .html file looks like.

Moritz