[GRASS-user] conversion to fire simulation data set in the Grass GIS

Thomas Adams tea3rd at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 07:17:37 PDT 2018

Kalindu,

First, I have never done any wildfire modeling and I am not familiar with
the process in GRASS. So, I'm not sure what the requirements are in GRASS
to do this. However, I do not understand how 2 columns of data can contain
"starting point of the fire, slope, wind velocity, wind direction,
elevation, fuel models and fuel moisture" unless the data are in separate
rows; but that does not make sense either to me. Is the "starting point of
the fire" in lat/long coordinates or some other geographic coordinates?

I really think it would be helpful to see an example dataset with an
explanation. I or others can help you with answering questions about
importing your datasets, but not without this information.

Best,
Tom