[GRASS-user] conversion to fire simulation data set in the Grass GIS

Kalindu Perera kkc199408 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 4 07:01:20 PDT 2018

Hi Thomas,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I'll explain more.
We have a dataset with data about a wildfire, starting point of the fire,
slope, wind velocity, wind direction, elevation, fuel models and fuel
moisture.
That data is in an excel sheet separated into columns.
we need to convert that data to the format which is like in the Grass GIS
fire simulation data set. So that we can calculate the spread of our
wildfire using r.ros
Grass GIS fire simulation data set has data about 1 wildfire and the data
is presented separately as files. As an example slope is a separate file.
the elevation is another file
What we need is how to convert our wildfire data which is in the excel
sheet to those type of files?
Is there any script or something to convert?

Thank you..!!!!!!