[GRASS-user] v.to.db fails

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 10 13:27:57 PDT 2018

On Fri, 10 Aug 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> shouldn't you re-project your vector data?

Helmut,

   I just confirmed what I had observed before when importing lon/lat data:
an unusual location creation result.

   Creating a new location specifying EPSG:4326 created the location, but did
not produce a PROJ_INFO file so I could not reproject the map imported
there.

   Removing that directory and creating it using the proj.4 code:
+proj=longlat +ellps=WGS84 +datum=WGS84 +no_defs
works and produces both PROJ_INFO and PROJ_UNITS files.

Rich