[GRASS-user] Creating presentation maps: g.gui.psmap, ps.map, wx.psmap

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 14 05:56:00 PDT 2018

On Mon, 13 Aug 2018, Anna Petrášová wrote:

> wx.psmap is the same as cartographic composer, I reformulated it little so
> that it makes more sense.

Hi Anna,

   Thanks for clarifying.

>>    Backing up to the parent page (the Cartography box in the lower left
>> corner) and navigating to the postscript commands manual produces the
>> heading of the parent page:
>
> hm, not sure what you mean here

   Look at <https://grass.osgeo.org/grass75/manuals/index.html>. In the
bottom left corner is a box titled 'Cartography' with links to
     PostScript commands manual
     wxGUI Cartographic Composer

   Follow the top link to this page
<https://grass.osgeo.org/grass75/manuals/postscript.html> and you'll see the
same introduction as on the above link rather than a title such as
'Postscript commands" with the link to ps.map.

   I'm suggesting that the page be re-written to follow the format of other
command list pages and contain links to both ps.map and g.gui.psmap (which
page is properly formatted).

> no, you can work with cartographic composer (which is basically GUI for
> ps.map) directly. You can then export a file which can then be used with
> ps.map, or reloaded into cartographic composer.

   Again, thanks for clarifying.

Best regards,

Rich