[GRASS-user] r.region question [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 16 05:58:24 PDT 2018

On Wed, 15 Aug 2018, Vaclav Petras wrote:

> No, r.region changes the "region" of the raster map itself, i.e. changes
> its extent and resolution. The data stays the same. Its changes the
> metadata. The effect is stretching, shrinking, or moving the raster map.
> Any suggestions for improvement of the manual page?

Vaclav,

   Thanks for clarifying. For the manual page it might help to explicitly
explain the difference(s) of r.region from g.region. It looks to me that
they both do the same thing.

> See r.clip module in addons for equivalent of v.clip:
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/addons/r.clip.html

   Despite my years of sporatic use of grass I did not develop the habit of
checking add-ons when working on a project involving grass. Mea culpa!
You've shown me the need for a behavioral change on my part. Thanks!

Best regards,

Rich