[GRASS-user] v.report output interpretation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 21 06:46:10 PDT 2018

On Mon, 20 Aug 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

Helmut,

   I'm sure it does the same here, but that was not my question. I didn't ask
it properly so I'll try again.

   The v.report manual page explains that specifying an option of area,
length, or coordinates is required. The implication is that the user selects
one option which is output in the desired units. The results I obtained
include everything, despite my asking for only one. If that's the default
behavior why require declaration of _an_ option?

   As a side issue, if everything is going to be dumped to the console why
not eliminate the option option and format output as a two row table rather
than requiring the output to be transferred to a spreadsheet?

Regards,

Rich