[GRASS-user] R: Grass 7.4.0 install error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Thu Feb 8 13:25:31 PST 2018

On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 6:04 PM, Aldo CLERICI <aldo.clerici at unipr.it> wrote:
> I tried to install 7.4.0 via OSGeo4W on my Windows 10 PC but without success (see error in att.1-2)
> I installed 7.4.0, 7.2.2 via Stand-alone installer and 7.4.0 via OSGeoW4 on an old PC with Windows 7 and all work fine.
> Surely something strange in my Windows 10 OS, but it's strange I was able to install 7.2.0 and 7.0.x not long ago.
> I'll try to discover the problem with some Windows expert at my Department.

For a test, I have downloaded a Windows 10 VM from
https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-edge/tools/vms/

and installed the WinGRASS "standalone": it starts without any problems.

Then I downloaded the OSGeo4W installer (64bit) and used "Express install":
Also this starts without problems here.

At this point it seems to be a conflict with something already
existing on your machine - maybe just a collision with multiple
versions of a DLL (caused by other software or remnants of a previous
WinGRASS installation?). Unfortunately, I cannot say anything else.

best
Markus