[GRASS-user] New AddOns for downloading and importing Sentinel products

Moritz Lennert mlennert at club.worldonline.be
Tue Feb 20 05:13:11 PST 2018

On 20/02/18 12:07, Martin Landa wrote:
> Hi,

>> Following the example of .pgpass for PostgreSQL, it could be a simple
>> text file with:
>
> ah, I understood that there is some special format defined for scihub.
>
>> login:password
>>
>> and the module would only use it if it is chmod 600, i.e. only readable
>> by the owner.
>
> r.modis uses
>
> login
> password
>
> structure. What that? @Luca, any opinion? Ma

I don't think it makes much of a difference. Intuitively I would guess
that having it on one line generally makes parsing easier, but since
passwords can contain all sorts of characters, it might actually be
better to have it on a separate line as newline is generally not used in
passwords.

r.sentinel.download (and others) could then be launched by just giving
the login and the module then grabs the password from the file. This
allows using different logins.

Moritz