[GRASS-user] Grass on MacOS

Adam Dershowitz adershowitz at exponent.com
Sat Jan 13 16:37:32 PST 2018

Thanks, but…I use Macports for a bunch of things, and homebrew and maports don’t play well together.  So, I can’t easily do that.
I did get the macports version to work after I asked the question.  It was actually just due to the fact that I have been using the Kyngchoas version for a long time, and that used to require that GRASS_PYTHON be set in .bash_profile.  But, I had set it to point to an old directory a while back, and that folder didn’t exist.  So, I just had to delete that environmental variable and the macports version now works fine.
And, the Kyngchaos version of qgis does seem to work fine.

Thanks for the suggestion.
I suppose that it would be useful to have working binaries to avoid these kinds of issues.

-- Adam