[GRASS-user] Unable to install add-ons on fedora23

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Jan 16 05:41:06 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 11:35 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 15, 2018 at 9:28 PM, Markus Metz
>> @MarkusN: can you test the new spec file (trunk/rpm/grass.spec) with your
>> copr system? Thanks!
>
> Sure:
> https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/neteler/grass74/
> Please test!

To test it myself, I made a test run in docker using the latest Fedora
(i.e., F27).
Here posted, in case anyone would like to try as well.

# Test GRASS GIS on latest Fedora using docker
sudo docker run -it --rm --name myfedora fedora /bin/bash
dnf install 'dnf-command(copr)' -y
dnf copr enable neteler/grass74 -y
dnf update -y

# see which RPMs are offered:
dnf search grass | sort

# install GRASS GIS 7.4.0RC2
dnf install grass grass-libs grass-gui liblas -y

# install prerequisites for g.extension
dnf install grass-devel gcc redhat-rpm-config -y

# test run
grass74 /usr/lib64/grass-7.4.0RC2/demolocation/PERMANENT/
g.extension r.area

# [more tests...]

Seems to work fine. I'm very happy that g.extension finally works in
Fedora (time to push the new SPEC file to the core system).

best, markusN

--
Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software