[GRASS-user] Semi-automatic classification with GRASS modules

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jul 6 00:18:12 PDT 2018

* Michele Zurlo <michele.zurlo at unimi.it> [2018-07-06 07:27:29 +0200]:

>> Thank you for your answer. I will add a texture channel to run i.cluster.

I recall that I naively have tried to "abuse" the module by using the
same input image twice!

>Only a curiosity I know that i.cluster is an old way to approach to
>aerial images, but in the future will be there the possibility to use
>the module even with an image?
>Sometimes to have this image cluster could be very useful.

The input can be any set of raster/image. It's a k-means based
clustering algorithm after all and the classification is then performed
with `i.maxlik`.

Michele, if your goal is to get "segments", then classify these, why not
work with `i.segment` or/and `/addons/i.superpixels.slic`?

I guess you already know all this. I hope the discussion stimulates
a productive brainstorming.

Cheers, Nikos