[GRASS-user] Vector map re-projected; cannot be displayed in target location/mapset [RESOLVED]

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Jul 7 07:25:40 PDT 2018

On Sat, 7 Jul 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The display region and the map region are not necessarily the same.
> Did you zoom to the map?

Markus,

   Yes, I did.

> In addition, you may want to check
> v.info water_bodies at hydrography
> to be sure that things are right.

   They look correct at the source location so I re-projected them and now
the map correctly displays in the target location. Must have been something
I did unintentionally that borked the process.

   The yet unresolved issue of properly expanding regions to add new maps is
more important now. I asked about this issue yesterday so anyone with
cluesticks should annoint me with them to increase my understanding.

Thanks,

Rich