[GRASS-user] Start in text mode: define new location with proj.4 string

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Jul 11 08:24:27 PDT 2018

On Wed, 11 Jul 2018, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> I see. Maybe we should file an enhancement ticket, to provide this option
> through the command line too?

Nikos,

   I don't know how common this is. This project is the first time I've had
DEM source files in ESRI GRID (*.adf) format and this format needs the
proj.4 string if the GUI location wizard is not used. Using the wizard from
the command line with the -gtext option works well, so the only need for a
new command line option is if the import will be handled by a script rather
than manually.

Regards,

Rich