[GRASS-user] Importing .tif

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 16 08:04:59 PDT 2018

On Sat, 14 Jul 2018, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> gdalinfo int_43120C4404.tif -proj4 -nomd

Nilos/Helmut:

   For some reason I looked at the .xml file rather than running gdalinfo on
the 100th/quad .tif file. Creating a new location with that proj.4 string
allowed me to import the DLQ, but ... I still needed to use the '-o'
projection override. IIRC, the proj.4 string units are feet, but the image
itself is apparently in meters. Well, it's ESRI software and as long as it
imports I'm happy.

   The new imported raster map reprojected to the project location, so the
remaining question (which may not have an answer) is why three separate
color bands are imported (RGB)? The display is monochrome and all three
separate images *.red, *.green, and *.blue look the same on the monitor. Can
I display this DLQ in color? (I think the last time I used aerial
photographs or satellite imagery was with grass-4.1 or -5.x.)

Rich