[GRASS-user] Importing .tif

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jul 16 11:38:08 PDT 2018

On Mon, 16 Jul 2018, Markus Metz wrote:

> The proj4 string can not contain all the information present in WKT. As I
> mentioned before, the safest is to create a new location directly from the
> data to be imported, unless there is a good reason to assume that the srs
> info in the data as reported by gdalinfo is wrong.

Markus,

   If I don't use the proj4 string provided by gdalinfo how do I create a new
location directly from the data to be imported? In the case of these DLQs
there are four files, e.g.: *.aux, *.tfw, *.tif, and *.tif.xml.

   Do I type, 'r.in.gdal -c new_loc/PERMANENT' then start grass with 'grass75
new_loc/PERMANENT' and run 'r.in.gdal in=/path/to/filename.tif
out=new_map'?

Thanks,

Rich