[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS virtual raster data sets

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Fri Jun 1 01:40:08 PDT 2018

Essentially, I have "exactly", I think, the same workflow in mind. So, I am in a
path where you have been already. Thank you for sharing this Stefan.

- Computing LST images from Landsat 8.

- Instead of writing GRASS GIS native raster maps, I will switch to
  GeoTIFFs via r.external.out

- After having built time series for hundreds of WRS2 Paths and Rows
  combinations, I end up with some aggregated products.

- I tiled Europe in 10k^2 squares (in ETRS89) to have less tiles to deal
  with. Size of images per tile is acceptable (compressed via DEFLATE, ranging
  between less than 100 and up to 400MB).

- I "need" to avoid to patch these tiles in single European-wide raster
  maps. Thus the need, and the idea, for a "VRT".

So, I guess the idea won't work. I will do the attempt to "learn" this
by experience.

Thank you, Nikos

* Stefan Blumentrath <Stefan.Blumentrath at nina.no> [2018-06-01 07:09:08 +0000]: