[GRASS-user] rshepard at appl-ecosys.com sent you a file

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Jun 11 01:55:35 PDT 2018

>Now to find why it's not working the same way here with 7.5svn release

GRASS 7.4.0 and GRASS trunk seems to behave differently in set up this
incomplete CRS in this case.

GRASS 7.4.0 produces:

g.proj -p
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : unnamed
ellps      : grs80
proj       : lcc
lat_1      : 43
lat_2      : 45.5
lat_0      : 41.75
lon_0      : -120.5
x_0        : 399999.9999999999
y_0        : 0
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : user-defined
units      : user-defineds
meters     : 0.3048

despite the name, the CRS looks ok.

looking at the gdalinfo output of the raster:

 >Min=206.380 Max=1157.470
 >NoData Value=-3.4028234663852886e+38

>When I load that bare_earth raster map it's the same as before: a
>multicolored wedge along the north and a wide purple rectangle along the
>west side (see attached).

most of the central part of the raster is NoData; thus it seems to be ok as
it is.

further steps may be:

(1) ask your data provider for data with a complete SRS information
(2) ask on the GDAL ML if it is maybe a GDAL issue about the SRS information
(3) ask your data provider if it is correct that most of the raster is
NoData

-----
best regards
Helmut