[GRASS-user] rshepard at appl-ecosys.com sent you a file

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 05:27:43 PDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:55 AM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:

> >Now to find why it's not working the same way here with 7.5svn release
>
> GRASS 7.4.0 and GRASS trunk seems to behave differently in set up this
> incomplete CRS in this case.

I can not confirm, because ...

> GRASS 7.4.0 produces:
>
> g.proj -p

> -PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
> name       : unnamed
> ellps      : grs80
> proj       : lcc
> lat_1      : 43
> lat_2      : 45.5
> lat_0      : 41.75
> lon_0      : -120.5
> x_0        : 399999.9999999999
> y_0        : 0
> no_defs    : defined
> -PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
> unit       : user-defined
> units      : user-defineds
> meters     : 0.3048

while trunk produces
-PROJ_INFO-------------------------------------------------
name       : unnamed
ellps      : grs80
proj       : lcc
lat_1      : 43
lat_2      : 45.5
lat_0      : 41.75
lon_0      : -120.5
x_0        : 399999.9999999999
y_0        : 0
no_defs    : defined
-PROJ_UNITS------------------------------------------------
unit       : International Foot
units      : International Feet
meters     : 0.3048

identical, only that trunk is able to resolve the name of the unit

> despite the name, the CRS looks ok.

I agree, projection information is recognized.

Apparently GDAL uses the projection information embedded in the dataset. I
guess because GDAL finds some info, it does not look further in the
.aux.xml file (no need to do so).

Markus M