[GRASS-user] rshepard at appl-ecosys.com sent you a file

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 11 05:48:14 PDT 2018

On Mon, 11 Jun 2018, Helmut Kudrnovsky wrote:

> >Min=206.380 Max=1157.470
> >NoData Value=-3.4028234663852886e+38

> most of the central part of the raster is NoData; thus it seems to be ok
> as it is.

Helmut,

   This is a problem. I know from driving a lot of the area covered by this
map that it actually has elevation and is quite variable, as shown by the
range you posted.

> further steps may be:
>
> (1) ask your data provider for data with a complete SRS information
> (2) ask on the GDAL ML if it is maybe a GDAL issue about the SRS information
> (3) ask your data provider if it is correct that most of the raster is
> NoData

   I'll do the last suggestion. And, I have two other data sets (from 2009
and 2011) I can try. The one we've examined is from 2014.

Thanks,

Rich