[GRASS-user] Spatial data exchange formats

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Jun 18 07:25:25 PDT 2018

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018, Daniel Victoria wrote:

> Actually, your ADF file is part of a vector format from ESRI named
> Coverage, that includes some files in a folder with the name of your data
> and some other data in a folder called INFO. Here is some more info on the
> Coverage format [1]

Daniel,

   I thought a grid meant raster, not vector. I wonder why LiDAR data is
presented in a vector format rather than a raster DEM. Off-hand, I don't
know how I'll use vector maps for hydrological modeling, particularly storm
water runoff.

   In the meantime, I've switched focus to munging 30 years of river stage
height data. Still have 7 years to go. Tedious, even with emacs macros and
awk scripts, but I'll finish this effort before returning to the topography.

Many thanks,

Rich