[GRASS-user] Spatial data exchange formats

Daniel Victoria daniel.victoria at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 06:20:16 PDT 2018

Hi Rich,

Actually, your ADF file is part of a vector format from ESRI named
Coverage, that includes some files in a folder with the name of your data
and some other data in a folder called INFO. Here is some more info on the
Coverage format [1]

GDAL OGR can handle both shape and coverage formats so you could import any
of the two. I believe it does not matter which one you choose. Just fire up
GRASS and import your vector file.

To import the Coverage, I believe in GRASS you have to select the ADF file
inside the coverage directory. To import the shapefile, just select the
file with the shp extension

Cheers
Daniel

[1] - https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000007209