[GRASS-user] Spatial data exchange formats

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jun 21 11:05:52 PDT 2018

On Thu, 21 Jun 2018, Daniel Victoria wrote:

> I tried to download the data you placed on file dropper (other email
> tread). But both links you sent gave me corrupt files.

Daniel,

   There was something funky going on with file dropper. But, I just
successfully uploaded bare_earth.tar.xz there:

<http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id=g1042def7af51cbea10000921895d47f19134d21070>

File size is 7.6M (uncompressed: 669M).

   I just downloaded it using that URL and the file size is the same as that
of the uploaded file. It will remain there for 3 days.

> Have you tried opening in some other software, like QGis?

   No. I have qgis-2.18.18 installed but have not used it. I'm getting closer
to replacing this ancient 32-bit system with a more capable 74-bit system.
The new system will accommodate the latest qgis and I'll spend time learning
it then for map publication.

Thanks,

Rich