[GRASS-user] question on i.nightlights.intercalibration code

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Jun 23 00:35:06 PDT 2018

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 10:34 PM, Veronica Andreo <veroandreo at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Gabriel,
>
> What you could do is import with r.in.gdal -a  that adjusts resolution
for lat long maps [0]

that will help to fix the resolution from 0.008333333300000 to
0.008333333333333, i.e. exactly 30 arc-seconds. The software used to create
the raster data has stored the resolution with limited precision.

> and then (before the intercalibration step), set the region to one of the
imported maps with g.region raster=yourmap

you will then get a message like
360 degree EW extent is exceeded by 1 cells

which is correct because the first and last column are duplicates. The cell
centers cover -180, 180, and the EW extents regarding cell borders are E:
180:00:15E, W: 180:00:15W, grown by half a cell, i.e. 15 arc-seconds.

Markus M

> HTH,
> Vero
>
> [0] https://grass.osgeo.org/grass74/manuals/r.in.gdal.html
>
> El vie., 22 jun. 2018 10:32, Gabriel Cotlier <gabiklm01 at gmail.com>
escribió:

>> Dear Nikos and Veronica,
>>
>> Thanks a lot for your emails, I'm happy it worked!
>>
>> I will try to avoid of the extent message  "360 degree EW extent is
exceeded by 0.999827 cells" using:  g.region -a, should I enter this
command before importing the images - raster data layers ?

nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote:

>>> * Gabriel Cotlier <gabiklm01 at gmail.com> [2018-06-21 18:24:38 -0300]:

>>> Dear Gabriel,
>>>
>>> Thanks for posting details and great it works. Don't worry about the
>>> last image, there are no coefficients for F18 and 2013. We are forced
>>> to skip this image in any analysis.
>>>

>>> Details
>>>
>>> Veronica is right, and I am ignorant for so many things when it comes
to Windows.

>>> In Linux, one may use the syntax `some_command` or
>>> $(some_command). It's a smart way to feed-in longer list of items, such
>>> as map names in GRASS GIS. Note, the former is old-style, so best to
use the $()
>>> notation (if of interest, see

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.nightlights.intercalibration/intercalibration_coefficients.py#L99

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/grass7/imagery/i.nightlights.intercalibration/intercalibration_coefficients.py#L38