[GRASS-user] 7.5svn repos question

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 23 09:13:56 PDT 2018

Rich,

On 6/23/18, Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:
>    I have not explicitly downloaded anything from the repository since I
> checked out and built 72869, so I don't know why svn tells me my local
> source is at revision 72886.

Yes. The "confusion" may arise from the fact that rev numbers are
handled globally across the GRASS GIS SVN repo which also contains
grass-addons, sandbox and more.

Any change leads to an increment of the revision number. The last
changes happened in grass-addons, pushing the rev number to currently
revision 72887. However, that does not necessarily mean that trunk
received an update.

See the attached screenshot for illustration.

HTH,
Markus