[GRASS-user] Possible Grass Bug

ubuntu nozhan.balafkan at gmail.com
Sat Jun 30 12:04:44 PDT 2018

Dear Grass members,

I apologize for any inconvenience but I am not familiar with the bug
system in Grass GIG. Please let me know if this e-mail needs to be sent
to a different address.

Recently, I started working with Grass GIS (version 7.4.0). At the
moment, I am following the tutorial ``NCSU GIS/MEA582: Geospatial
Modeling and Analysis". I came across the command ``d.mon" that does not
work the way it is supposed to work. The issue is that d.mon start=wx0
does not initiate a new display window, nor does d.mon stop=wx0
terminate an existing window. Also, ``d.mon -l" or ``d.mon -p" show
nothing. In all cases the commands are written in the CONSOLE window in
the Layer Manager sub-window and when the Enter button is hit the
following error message appears that ``Command 'd.mon' not yet
implemented in the WxGUI. Try adding it as a command layer instead." It,
also, needs to be mentioned that the ``d.rast map=elevation" shows the
elevation map just fine. It is the d.mon that is not working! Please let
me know if you need further information.

P.S. I am running Grass GIS 7.4.0 on Ubuntu trsuty 14.04 (32 bit).

Sincerely,
Nozhan Balafkan