[GRASS-user] r.in.lidar build errors

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Wed Mar 7 13:27:01 PST 2018

On Wed, 7 Mar 2018, Markus Metz wrote:

> Apparently your liblas installation does not find libproj.so.12.

Markus,

   There are two issues and I think they're becoming conflated.

   Issue 1: I cannot invoke the installed grass-7.5 because it was built
against libproj.so.12.0.0 and that library has been upgraded to
libproj.so.13.0.0. This issue will be resolved by building the new svn
source against the newer libproj library.

   Issue 2: Building the new version fails because of errors in:
/home/rshepard/gis/grass/grass7_trunk/raster/r.in.lidar
/home/rshepard/gis/grass/grass7_trunk/raster3d/r3.in.lidar
/home/rshepard/gis/grass/grass7_trunk/vector/v.out.lidar
/home/rshepard/gis/grass/grass7_trunk/vector/v.in.lidar

and when I run make in each of those directories it fails because it cannot
find the *.tmp.html files.

   I can re-post those attempts at running 'make' in each *.lidar directory
if desired.

HTH,

Rich