[GRASS-user] custom local map location

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sat May 19 02:35:23 PDT 2018

Hi GRASS List,

I've just spent 30 days on a field campaign collecting data. I have a large amount of it in a GRASS mapset with location EPSG:3413. I'd like to set up a new location with (0,0) centered on our basecamp and everything nearby relative to that. Can someone advise how to use "proj" to create a new location centered on either a (lon,lat) location but with units meter, or centered on an (x,y) location from a different projection?

The reason for this is so I can push data to ParaView which doesn't work well with coordinate systems far removed from the origin.

Thanks,

  -k.