[GRASS-user] v.colors usage

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Nov 6 13:46:34 PST 2018

On Tue, 6 Nov 2018, Markus Metz wrote:

> Please check v.db.connect map=stations -p
> and
> db.connect -p

> Is the table attached to the map stations really in the default database?

Markus M,

   When I run db.colums without specifying the driver does grass display the
columns in the sqlite or postgres table?

> db.columns table=stations
site_nbr
site_name
lon
lat
easting
northing
start_date
end_date
howmany
bin_col

   Adding the driver 'sqlite' suggests that db.columns sees the postgres
table:

db.columns table=stations driver=sqlite
WARNING: Table <stations> not found in database <willamette-river-hg> using
          driver <sqlite>

So, if the db.* modules look in the postgres database tables, why does the
v.db.* modules look in the sqlite table instead? And, trying to rewire the
attribute table for the stations map from sqlite to postgres fails:

> v.db.connect map=stations driver=pg table=stations -o
ERROR: Column <cat> not found in table <stations>

   All suggestions welcome.

Regards,

Rich