[GRASS-user] patching vectors - some are not patched

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 03:20:40 PST 2018

Hi List,

On 2018-11-19 at 08:26 +0100, Ken Mankoff <mankoff at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting v.patch to patch some vectors. I've tested
> this on Linux grass 7.4.0 (default Ubuntu 18.04 version) and SVN trunk
> from this evening.

It appears I can get the patched vectors to work by using v.clean. In this way, the "basin" vector accumulates the "b" vectors generated from the "basin" raster.

r.mapcalc "basin = if(basin, ${count}, null())" --o
r.to.vect -v input=basin output=b type=area --o
v.patch -a input=b output=basin --o
v.clean in=basin out=basin_clean0 tool=break,rmdupl --o
v.clean in=basin_clean0 out=basin_clean1 tool=snap,break,rmdupl --o
g.rename vector=basin_clean1,basin --o

  -k.