[GRASS-user] How to get the area of a polygon in a layer

Kalindu Perera kkc199408 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 03:31:38 PDT 2018

Dear Nikos,

We have used r.ros and r.spread commands for getting the wildfire
simulation.
After that, the output from the r.spread command is spread_time_observed
layer(This is the output from the simulation)
We use that layer as the input layer for the r.surf.area command.

We got many area outputs from that command output and couldn't identify
what area gives the area of the "burned" area
* I have attached the output from running r.surf.area command as an
attachment.

** Another question how we can extract only the "burned" area from the
spread_time_observed layer?

Thanks a lot for the quick reply
Looking forward to more knowledge

Best Regards