[GRASS-user] How to get the area of a polygon in a layer

Kalindu Perera kkc199408 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 09:16:03 PDT 2018

Hi Nikos,

Commands are as follows

*r.ros,*
r.ros --overwrite model=fuel_model at demomapset
moisture_1h=1hour_moisture at demomapset moisture_live=live_moisture at demomapset
velocity=wind_speed at demomapset direction=wind_direction at demomapset
slope=slope at demomapset aspect=aspect at demomapset
elevation=elevation at demomapset base_ros=my_ros.base max_ros=my_ros.max
direction_ros=my_ros.maxdir spotting_distance=my_ros.spotdist

*r.spread,*
r.spread --overwrite base_ros=my_ros.base at demomapset
max_ros=my_ros.max at demomapset direction_ros=my_ros.maxdir at demomapset
start=fire_origin at demomapset wind_speed=wind_speed at demomapset
output=spread_time_observed

*After entering; r.category spread_time_observed,*
[image: 1.png]

*After entering; r.report spread_time_observed units=c,p,*
[image: Screenshot from 2018-10-15 21-40-46.png]

Thank You
Best Regards
Kalindu Perera