[GRASS-user] Cannot display raster maps

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Oct 16 12:08:20 PDT 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 6:10 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Did you recompile GRASS GIS with after a full make distclean ?
>
> Markus,
>
>    Always. I run, in sequence, configure; make; make install; make distclean.

The correct order would be:

make distclean; svn update; configure; make; make install

Note the distclean in the _beginning_ to compile from a clean source tree.
Just to be sure better have it first.

>    Are there tests that can help define the source of the problem? When I
> looked at the g.pnmcomp manual page I read that it's oriented for developers
> not end users.

Probably (cannot say right now) the latest parser change is causing troubles.
Currently being investigated...

Markus