[GRASS-user] Cannot display raster maps

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Oct 16 12:19:19 PDT 2018

On Tue, 16 Oct 2018, Markus Neteler wrote:

> The correct order would be:
>
> make distclean; svn update; configure; make; make install
>
> Note the distclean in the _beginning_ to compile from a clean source tree.
> Just to be sure better have it first.

Markus,

   That's what I wrote. After running svn up I run configure; make; make
install; make distclean. This leaves the source tree clean prior to the next
svn up.

   Whether I run make distclean after installing the latest release, or just
before the next svn up should not matter. The directory ~/gis/grass/grass7_trunk/
is in the same state. I've been doing this for quite a few years and only
yesterday did this display error show up.

> Probably (cannot say right now) the latest parser change is causing
> troubles. Currently being investigated...

   Let me know if I can test changes on my installation.

Best regards,

Rich