[GRASS-user] d.rast in python script

Frank David frank.david at geophom.fr
Sun Oct 21 12:34:31 PDT 2018

Hello Laurent,

Thank you for your help. I'm very surprised by the complexity of the way
to display a raster. I thought that only d.rast was needed. Other grass
command are so simple to use...

Anayway, I don't understand why you need to set a image width and
height. is it pixel number between west to east and south to north from
region ?

and from where "img_file_name" is coming ? (my layer's name is "my_map")

To remove raster from display, I just manually remove from the layer tree.

Cheers,

Frank

Le 20/10/2018 à 23:06, Laurent C. a écrit :
> Hello Frank,
>
> It is not very straightforward, but it is possible.
> Here is an example on how I do it:
>
> import os
> import grass.script as gscript
> from grass.pygrass.gis.region import Region
>
> # Set general env
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_IMMEDIATE'] = "cairo"
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_FILE_COMPRESSION'] = "9"
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_FILE_READ'] = "TRUE"
>
> # Set image size using the region
> region = Region()
> xr = region.cols
> yr = region.rows
> ratio = xr/yr
> height = int(WIDTH / ratio)  # Choose the width you like
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_WIDTH'] = str(WIDTH)
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_HEIGHT'] = str(height)
>
> # Then you can draw
> os.environ['GRASS_RENDER_FILE'] = img_file_name
> gscript.run_command('d.rast', map=my_map, quiet=True)
>

> Be aware that every time you run your script, it will add layer on the
> file.
> So you might want to delete the png file between the runs.
>
> Cheers,
> Laurent
>
> Le ven. 19 oct. 2018 à 13:00, Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr
> <mailto:frank.david at geophom.fr>> a écrit :
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I wrote some python script and I do not find how to display created
> > rasters.
> >
> > I tried to use d.rast but I believe this command is not designed to be
> > used in python script (no monitor available with d.mon -l). Am I wright
> > ? so how to do ?...
> >
> > Thank you for your help.
> >
> > Frank

*Geophom*
327 rue de Vieille Cour 44521 OUDON
Tel +33(0)2 85 52 02 59 - Port +33(0)6 04 47 91 06
www.geophom.fr