[GRASS-user] r.basin error

Helmut Kudrnovsky hellik at web.de
Mon Oct 22 12:50:51 PDT 2018

pelempito wrote
> Thanks Helmut for your reply.
>
> Certainly having two areas is not a desirable result, but I am not sure if
> there is a problem with the DEM. One of the areas encompasses an isolated
> pixel, which in fact is the basin outlet. This polygon is connected
> diagonally with the other one, which is the main area of the basin. Is it
> an
> issue of the DEM? The picture below shows the DEM cropped in the basin
> area,
> as well as the polygons and the main channel:
>
> <http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/file/t368208/demcropped.jpg>
>
> Many of my basins have an outlet such as the one described above. Should I
> move the outlets to the main area? Such a solution would be a bit
> impractical. However, some basin outlets may fall on an isolated pixel,
> which may not be considered as an error.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/Grass-Users-f3884509.html

-------
"/home/jr/.grass7/addons/scripts/r.width.funct", line
125, in findint
    z1, z2, f1, f2 = kl[int(Xf[0])][0], kl[int(Xf[0]-1)][0],
kl[int(Xf[0])][1], kl[int(Xf[0]-1)][1]
TypeError: only length-1 arrays can be converted to Python
scalars
----------

maybe it's not an DEM issue.

looking on your error, the issue arises in r.width.funct.

Not checked the code, AFAIR there may be some instability if there are 2
polygones. Have look into the source.

Do you maybe have some finer DEM for this region to test?

-----
best regards
Helmut
--