[GRASS-user] append data after a v.in.ascii import

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 09:44:09 PDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 2:26 PM Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr> wrote:

> I reply to myself,
>
> I mistook, if I append, I see a cat shift too. The fisrt cat of the
> second map is shift by one. It's strange no ?

Suppose there is a feature with cat 1 in map A and a feature also with cat
1 in map B, but corresponding attribute values for cat 1 are different
between map A and map B. In order to avoid such conflicts, v.patch shifts
category values and updates the resultant attribute table accordingly, such
that attributes for each feature are preserved.

Markus M

> Frank
>
> Le 26/10/2018 à 14:17, Frank David a écrit :
>
> > Hi Stephan,
> >
> > If I add two vector in a new one with :
> >
> > v.patch -c input=map1,map2 out=map3
> >
> > I notice the map3 first cat start at 2 instead of 1, so all cat are
> > shifted by one. Do you have an idea of the reason ?
> >
> > If I append my map1 with map2 :
> >
> > v.patch -c -a input=map2 output=map1 --overwrite it works well
> >
> > Thank you
> >
> > Frank
> >
> > Le 26/10/2018 à 12:01, Stefan Blumentrath a écrit :
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Try:
> >> v.patch -a
> >> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass76/manuals/v.patch.html
> >>
> >> (assuming attribute tables are equal).
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Stefan

Frank David
> >> Sent: fredag 26. oktober 2018 11:39
> >> To:grass-user at lists.osgeo.org
> >> Subject: [GRASS-user] append data after a v.in.ascii import
> >>
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I wonder what is the best way to append a vector map and his attribute
data created with v.in.ascii  ?