[GRASS-user] append data after a v.in.ascii import

Frank David frank.david at geophom.fr
Sat Oct 27 01:00:10 PDT 2018

Le 26/10/2018 à 21:11, Markus Metz a écrit :

> On Fri, Oct 26, 2018 at 7:17 PM Frank David <frank.david at geophom.fr
> <mailto:frank.david at geophom.fr>> wrote:
> >
> > Thank you Markus,
> >
> > Is a feature could be created without a row data ?,  because the two
> maps have been created with a v.in.ascii from a text file, so it means
> that one object by row has been created. For both of my two maps.
>
> If you want to preserve attribute values, use v.patch -e, otherwise
> don't use the -e flag, but then you might get duplicate category values.
>
> v.patch -c should not work because -c is not a recognised flag. Which
> GRASS version did you use with v.patch -c?

I'm sorry, when I wrote -c it was -e of course ! I'm using Grass 7.4.1

But even with -e, as I wrote, the cat of the second file is shift by

I have used -e because I need to add my attribute table from both file.
But I had imagine to keep cat relation with data, but it's may be better
to add a id field ? is there any way to increment a unique key
automatically when data are appended ?

Frank