[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS installation error in ubuntu 16.04

yacob sen yacobseny at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:11:21 PDT 2018

Dear users,

I am trying to install the latest version of GRASS GIS from source code in
my linux ubuntu 16.04 OS but having difficulty. The error message is as
follows:

"error while loading shared libraries: *libproj.so.13*: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory"

I have also manually installed  the latest version of proj (5.1.0) and
provided the library link during configuration of the installation of GRASS
GIS

clearly both *libproj.so * and   *libproj.so.13* do exist in the lib
directory of the proj software package and permission is fine. Besides I
have soft linked the /usr/lib/*libproj.so* to *libproj.so*
The *libproj.so* is resides at  my installation directory at
/opt/source/proj-5.1.0/build/lib/*libproj.so *and further soft linked to
*libproj.so.13*

*Any comments please ?*

*Regards*

*Yacob*