[GRASS-user] Configuring svn trunk builds

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Sep 9 18:20:54 PDT 2018

   I'm putting together a new desktop server/workstation; and want to
configure grass builds to take full advantage of the system's capabilities.

   The new system will have an AMD Ryzen7 2700 CPU (8 cores/16 threads) on an
Asus Prime X470-Pro motherboard populated with 16G RAM (if the price of
suitable memory drops I'll upgrade to 32G).

   My current desktop is a 32-bit AMD Athlon II (or something like that) with
2 cores and 4G RAM. The configuration I use is:

./configure \
--with-postgres \
--with-postgres-includes=/usr/include/postgresql/server/ \
--with-postgres-libs=/usr/lib/postgresql/10.2/lib/ \
--with-sqlite \
--with-sqlite-includes=/usr/include/ \
--with-sqlite-libs=/usr/lib/ \
--with-cairo \
--with-blas \
--with-lapack \
--with-freetype \
--with-freetype-includes=/usr/include/freetype2 \
--with-cxx \
--with-geos \
--with-gdal \
--with-nls \
--with-python \
--with-pthread \
--with-proj-share=/usr/share/proj \
--with-wxwidgets \
--enable-largefile \
--with-openmp \
--with-liblas

   Please suggest what to change, add, or delete to take advantage of the new
system's capabilities.

TIA,

Rich