[GRASS-user] grass-7.9 does not find numpy

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 22 08:57:05 PDT 2019

On Mon, 19 Aug 2019, Markus Metz wrote:

> Please post the full error message.

Markus M,

Starting GRASS GIS...
ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython. No module named wx
You can still use GRASS GIS modules in the command line or in Python.
ERROR: Error in GUI startup. See messages above (if any) and if necessary, please report this error to the GRASS developers.
On systems with package manager, make sure you have the right GUI package, probably named grass-gui, installed.
To run GRASS GIS in text mode use the --text flag.
Use '--help' for further options
      grass79 --help
See also: https://grass.osgeo.org/grass79/manuals/helptext.html

Also, when I send the 'git pull' command instead of seeing a list of
upgraded files I see this:

remote: Total 24 (delta 14), reused 14 (delta 11), pack-reused 1
Unpacking objects: 100% (24/24), done.
>From https://github.com/OSGeo/grass
    f6edaaffa..494d10b10  master            -> origin/master
    0afea5a41..329fab952  releasebranch_7_6 -> origin/releasebranch_7_6
    d95f60bac..f582300b8  releasebranch_7_8 -> origin/releasebranch_7_8
Updating 86354090c..494d10b10
error: Your local changes to the following files would be overwritten by merge:
 	lib/python/ctypes/ctypesgencore/parser/lextab.py
Please commit  your changes or stash them before you merge.
Aborting

$ less /usr/local/grass79/etc/VERSIONNUMBER remains at 86354090c.

I'll run grass strictly from the command line now (as I did with versions
4.x) but it would be nice to have grass find wxPython-4.0.4 when starting.

HTH,

Rich