[GRASS-user] GRASSBIN environment variable

Moody, Alex Alex.Moody at idwr.idaho.gov
Thu Aug 15 16:00:19 PDT 2019

Hi all - I am trying out the grass-session package for the first time and am having issues with the GRASSBIN environment variable. It looks like the grass-session I was able to download references grass75svn.bat. I'm onto grass76.

I was able to get around this in a python session with os.environ['GRASSBIN']=D:\<mypath>\grass76.bat, but it'd be nice to not have to do that.

If I run "set GRASS" from the command line, I see that GRASSBIN=D:\<mypath>\grass75svn.bat even GRASS_VERSION=7.6.1

Where is the GRASSBIN variable set? I've been looking around and can't seem to find it.

Cheers,
Alex