[GRASS-user] How to generate a vector graphics file from GRASS CLI?

Ken Mankoff mankoff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:52:30 PST 2019

Hi Nikos,

On 2019-02-03 at 18:45 +0100, Nikos Alexandris <nik at nikosalexandris.net> wrote...

> there is also
> https://grass.osgeo.org/grass77/manuals/r.blend.html.

Thanks - looks useful.

I ended up with:

r.mapcalc and "r#..." to split 5 different rasters into RGB channels.
r.patch'ing 3x (5x r, 5x g, 5x b)

then rgb displaying the patched rasters in ps.map.

r.blend looks easier. But I'm not sure how to keep things spread evenly and looking good for >2 rasters.

Is there any deep technical reason ps.map does not accept >1 raster? I don't want to start GUI programming, but from the command line it seems like this could be a tractable first major contribution to the GRASS code, depending on the reasons it doesn't exist.

  -k.