[GRASS-user] Adding map to layer manager (wxpython GUI) from grass console?

Joe joe.on.list at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 11:10:48 PST 2019

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 5:49 PM Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 7 Feb 2019, Ken Mankoff wrote:
>
> > I'll offer opposing view. Terminal. CLI is more powerful than GUI.
>
> +1 And, you can put the commands in a script (with comments) so it can be
> used again. This is particularly valuable when the work flow is large or to
> be repeated on multiple data sets.
>
> Rich

Ok, thank to you too for your suggests.
I know bash scripting pretty well, if grass scripting is similar I
should be quite at ease with it (while I'm a really newbie at python
programming, I don't exactly know what it is for but there is a python
shell tab in the GUI).
As Veronica showed, there's a lot of documentation around on the net:
would you also suggest a good text book or you think it shouldn't be
necessary for a beginner to learn grass?